Why I need my girls and my boys need me


Mothers day!! What would I do without my little girl. I woke up Sunday morning with breakfast in bed. Thanks to my daughter Tayah. She woke up early that morning wanting to get me breakfast in bed. She told Kenny that they had to hurry and fix me breakfast in order to get it done before I woke up. She was very particular with what she was going to put on the tray. She laid a flower on the tray (at first she poured me lemonade to drink but Kenny suggested that oj might be better so she didn't want to be wasteful and wanted to put the flower in it. Kenny talked her into just laying the flower on the tray instead and thankfully she was in a good mood and agreed with him.) There was also cereal, yogurt, fruit and a cup of milk with a note on it saying "pour milk into your cereal". My daughter is so my child with notes everywhere. Her and I do this for two reasons: one-we forget things and two-we are not sure anyone is capable of doing things with out a friendly note to help them along. She made two homemade cards and couldn't wait for me to open their presents they made at school. Thank heavens for school teachers and homemade mothers day presents I love them!

I went to help my sister Teasha, who just had her babies (posting to come later) since Monday, so the family has been on their own. Kenny kept telling me things were going great and the kids have really been helpful and doing a lot on their own so he can take care of school things and things at KRT. Wednesday, I was talking to Zachary and asking how things were going with him while I was away. This is how our conversation went:

Zach: "Things are good mom, but do you know the pockets (from shorts) that go in the back?"

I am a little confused and said "you mean your back pockets?"


Zach: " yea, the pockets that go in the back of you. Well, they were in front today".


This boy is such a good boy but his story telling is a little hard to understand. You really have to put the puzzle pieces together in order to understand the whole story.


Me: "Do you mean you wore your pants back wards to school today?'


Zach: " yea!"


Me: "How did you or your dad not notice?" and "When did you finally notice?"
I was trying so hard not to laugh.

He started to laugh and said he didn't know why he didn't notice. And that it we his friend Tyler that told him at recess.


Recess is at 10 am. So he went all morning with his shorts on backwards and didn't feel uncomfortable? How do you not notice the awkwardness you shorts would make you feel? I called Kenny and told him what Zach said and we were both laughing so hard. Kenny said he didn't notice that morning that Zach had his shorts on backwards either. Boys, they pay little attention to details. Did this happen because Zach is going 100 miles per minute, or is he just like his father or is it because he is just a boy? I think it is because he needs a mommy :-). I was afraid to ask details of what happened the past few days while I was gone in fear of really happened.

Trey, what a funny funny boy. Kenny brought the boys down to B-town for Zachary's game. I came up to give everyone a hug and there is Trey with his backpack on and two swords sticking out the back of it. One is plastic and the other is wooden. Thank heavens that weapons are allowed at the baseball game. He looked like a ninja ready to take on the bad guys. To top of the look he had a huge long burn on his neck. I asked what happened and he said " I don't remember." Now that is not how I left him that morning so in less then 10 hours he got a bad rope burn on his neck and he doesn't remember how it got there. He acting like it happens all the time and it was no big deal. My friend Michelle finally got what happened out of him. He said "I was swinging on the swings with these (he put his fists together and put them up to his eyes) around my neck." Michelle said "Do you mean binoculars?" Trey said "yes." Just a minor detail to the I don't know what happened. How soon they forget the little things. Apparently they got caught on the swings and gave him a rope burn. Boys, they definitely need their mommies to take care of them. Is it because we make them become so dependent on us or is it just the way they are wired?


Jayda, she is finally going great. She is no longer the psycho colic baby but a baby who loves everyone. I love the mornings when she first wakes up and gives me a huge smile. It makes my whole morning. I just love it when she hugs my neck so tight you can feel her shake. She is getting more and more interacting with us all. She is so fun.


Being a mom is very challenging but very rewarding at the same time. This link sums it all up. www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxT5NwQUtVM . Thanks Karrie for the you-tube video because it is so funny. I showed my kids and Zach said "that sounds like you mom." I told him it was so true and I was going to learn it so I could sing it to him.


You got to love all the differences in your children. They all bring so much to the family.


Comments

teasha said…
The first picture is fun to look at. The boys and Jayda look so much like you and Tayah is her dad! Funny!