Month in Review

It's amazing how fast time flys by. At one moment I thought I was doing so good at keep this blog updated then next thing you know I have turned a year older. Well, maybe that is because it was my birthday this past week. I am now 20-16. I had a wonderful birthday. My friend Kari Palacious took the day off work and we went to Sephora. If you don't know what that is its a place that sells every type of makeup you'll ever want, aka: my daughter Tayah's dream place, aka: an intimidating place to me, aka: a budget breaker to my husband. Kari and I are both getting a little older, even though we feel young at heart so we hoped this might make us be more in style and feel younger and hip. It was fun. I was nervous at first because the lady that helped me had bright blue eye liner on and I wasn't sure what she would make me look like. In the end she did a great job. We went to lunch and Ethan, Teasha, and her belly came waddling in to spend time with us. She brought me my favorite chocolate covered pretzels. It just added to my wonderful day. I ended my morning out with a pedicure. I came home to find that my daughter made me a cake. Thanks to the idea from Grandma Ellis (which grandma Bushling would like to have a word with you) and the help from Grandma Bushling. It was, lets say, very colorful. I think the kids ate most of the frosting rather then putting it on the cake and they might have accidentally dropped to many sprinkles on top. Once you got to the cake part it was pretty good. We ended our day going out to El Portal, my favorite Mexican restaurant. I had an amazing day. The end of the week my friend Michelle and I went to the movies. I was so excited because I got buttered popcorn and a soda and didn't have to share with anyone. Not to be selfish or anything but I get tired of floaties in my drink.




Here is me on my birthday with my wonderful kids. The boy in the middle is our close friend Spencer Hansen, who spent the evening with us and could definitely be part of our family. The pretty pink necklace I am wearing is a present from my wonderful daughter Tayah.






These past few weeks have been very busy with the kids in sports. Trey is finally in T-ball and is loving every minute of it. He has hit quite a few doubles, caught a pop fly and got many people out at first. But if any of you know t-ball the kids have a hard time concentrating. Trey is one of those kids. He does really good as pitcher or 1st base other wise he likes to spin around and throw his mitt up in the air and catch it.

Kenny took Tayah and Zach to a track meet in Ridgecreast. They had to qualify here at the area meet in order to go to the regional finals. This was Tayah's first meet. She ran the 50, did the long jump and threw the shot put. She was competing against kids two years older then her. She did pretty good considering it was her first meet.



Zachary did very well. He took first in the 100, 200 and long jump. So he moves on to the regional finals.
Zach got to regional finals and took 1st in the 200, 3rd in the 100 and 2nd in the long jump. He qualified for the County finals in all three events. In the picture you notice his long shorts and long hair. I went and got him shorter shorts and got his hair cut. I told him that I did all I could to get him to run faster and the rest is up to him. Kenny has work really hard with him the past couple of weeks. Working on his form, jumping and breathing while doing all that. Zach did really well in the county finals. He took 3rd in the 100 and 200 and 4th in the long jump. He got 3rd in the 200 because he leaned forward. Maybe I should have kept his hair longer and he would have gotten 2nd. He qualifies for the area finals in Fresno in all 3 events. He had a great time and even fixed his form while running and you could see him breathing while running

He is the one in the tight white tank and short blue shorts. He did get his personal best in both 100 and 200. Kenny said Zach is getting better and better, I think it is because of me and getting him the track outfit instead of the basketball outfit. Well, maybe Zach should get some credit.

Comments